Research / projects
We place our research under the term 'Expanding Theatre'. 'Expanding' reflects theatre's increasing tendency during the last few decades to operate outside of traditional contexts. Expanding also refers to the application of theatre and theatricality as analytical perspectives on other than theatrical phenomena.
Our three primary focus areas are entitled Corporeal Literacies, Mobile Theatre/Research and New Theatre's Toolkit.
• Corporeal Literacies
• Mobile Theatre / Research
• New Theatre's Toolkit
RESEARCH SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
• International Lecture and Seminars Series, each year in September, in collaboration with TF Theatre Festival in the Netherlands and Flanders.
• Media & Performance Research Seminar
A series of seminars throughout the year, each season with a different topic, organized by the Humanities Department at Utrecht University.
• 2011 - Performance Studies international #17 Conference Camillo 2.0: Memory, Technology, Experience (external link to PSi website)
Staff participates in various projects with other universities, theatre companies, individual scholars, theatre and dance practitioners, and theatre and dance festivals. Listed below are current projects.
• Intermediality in Theatre and Performance
• Community Art Lab
• Inside Movement Knowledge
• Grenzen aan de Verbeelding?
• Springdance Salons
• Transdisciplinaire Maakprocessen
• Theaterdramaturgie.Bank en -Podium
Current PhD Research is included in the page Academic Staff, see the menu on the left.
For descriptions of completed PhD research projects since 2009 see below.
• Vincent Rafis (2012)
• Konstantina Georgelou (2011)
• Sigrid Merx (2009)